How cute is Kims Mama Look with baby North on her hip. Make this classic striped shirt fresh for 2014 by pairing yours with distressed jeans (white works best) and cage heels in a neutral hue (our closed-toe find takes you into fall). Who’s on board?
As the wise Carrie Bradshaw once said, “I like my money right where I can see it… hanging in my closet.” Creating the perfect closet—and wardrobe—is an art form. I like to think that the recipe for success is a handful of fun, trendy pieces and a foundation of classic wardrobe staples. It’s smart to invest in timeless staples rather than the more frivolous items because they’ll never go out of style. Plus, you can build the rest of your wardrobe around them.
While everyone has their own version of “the classics” here’s my list of wardrobe staples worth investing in…
1. A Little Black Dress The LBD tops every list of wardrobe must-haves for good reason: it’s eternally stylish and versatile. Invest in one you really love and I guarantee you’ll be rocking it for years to come.
2. A Nice Pair of Jeans
Versatility and timelessness make for an ideal wardrobe staple…like jeans. Jeans are a great staple because they can be styled in an endless variety of ways. And they’re really comfortable! Choosing an investment pair will guarantee you get a really good fit and durable fabric that will last you throughout the years.
3. A Well Fitting Blazer A blazer is one of the most versatile pieces you can buy. When you choose a well fitting option, it’s also one of the most flattering things you can wear. The perfect blazer can be worn to dress up your jeans, top off your pencil skirt, or even contrast a flowy maxi dress. The options are truly endless with this classic.
4. Comfortable Black Pumps
Black pumps are the little black dress of footwear. They’re professional enough for work, stylish enough for a date, and perfect for just about any occasion. So while I love skyscraper heels as much as the next gal, it is not smart to spend a ton of money on shoes that are too uncomfortable to wear.
5. A Nice Button Down Shirt Finally, every girl needs a nice button down shirt. Like all the other staples, it can be dressed up or down—and worn in a variety of different settings. For my ladies with larger chests, be sure to choose one that doesn’t pucker at the buttons. Equipment shirts, like the one above, have a great fit for all body types.
Ok I have to admit that recently I have been slightly obsessing over Chanel handbags. Kim Kardashians Handbag Collection is pretty amazing, she has been a lover of the brand for many many years. Check out her collection of Chanel Handbags below. There are several ways you can get your hands on Chanel Handbag
1) BUY IT – not an option for many of us but if you can, please go to the store immediately.
2) RENT IT – this website called renttherunway.com will let you rent their fancy handbags & more for a lot less than what the bag is worth. So you can feel fancy for an event.
3) PURCHASE IT USED – websites like Ebay & Amazon have plenty of options that are way less pricey than what you would pay at a store
4) GET A LOOK A LIKE – check out some look a like options below.
Kim Kardashian New Mom Style – gray jeans, gray top, black leather jacket & nude heels
Kim was spending time in the Big Apple while West is on his Yeezus tour. He performed at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn earlier this week and is set to rock Madison Square Garden tonight (Nov. 23) and Sunday night.
This weekend Kim Kardashian showed off her post baby bod & celebrated her birthday in style. She wore a sexy white lace dress. A think that a birthday is the perfect time to wear a white outfit, because in white, you will always stand out from the crowd.
Check these beautiful white dresses for your next event.
Sofia Vergara Red Dress at the Emmys 2013 – AMAZING! Love her body & outfit. She looks redic! Definitely my favorite outfit of the night!
Christina Hendricks Dress at the Emmys 2013 – I love this look. She knows her body & shows of the curves. Very sexy & classy. Definitely one of my faves.
Kate Mara looked really sleek. I love this dress, you really have to rock an amazing body to pull off a white dress & she definitely wears it with confidence. I love the slit on the front & the lace details.
Rosy Byrne rocked it at the Emmys . The hottest style for fall is cut outs & she really wears it well. I love the color of this dress. Its so sexy without being overbearing. So appropriate for the event. Thumbs up sista!
Another sexy lady in red, Carla Gugina. Again, I love the cut of this dress, the asymmetrical lines bring visual dimension to the dress & I love the red lace detailing. Beautiful!
Kim Kardashian was spotted wearing a nude plunging peplum dress with black patent multistrap sandals, but what took her sweet peplum to edgy territories was the chunky silver chain-link Celine necklace. I love Kim’s edgy-slash-sweet styling. So the next time you’re sporting a girlie peplum dress, consider injecting a touch of masculine via a chunky chain necklace. It can be silver or gold depending on the color of your dress. To get started on this Kim-inspired styling, shop our favorite peplum-dress-with-chunky-chain-necklace pairings below.