I always order the Ahi Poke when going out to a fancy dinner and never thought that it could be made at home. But, this recipe is so delicious & when presented in these cute little martini glasses, its even better than at a restaurant.
1/4 to 1/2 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake (or to taste)
- 1 Japanese cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 pound ahi tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 avocado cut into 1/2- inch cubes
- Mixed greens salad base:
1 package fresh mixed greens chopped into small pieces
1 bunch Japanese Enoki mushrooms, destemmed.
1/4 to 1/2 cup sesame soy salad dressing
1. Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk together. Toss in the tuna, cucumber and avocado and gently mix together. Add red pepper flakes to taste. Let the poke sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Place mixed greens in bowl. Add sesame soy dressing to taste, making sure to dress the salad lightly. Toss. Set aside.
3. Remove ahi poke mixture from refrigerator to begin plating.
4. Begin you plating with the salad mix first and then place the ahi poke mixture on top. Sprinkle more sesame seeds on top for garnish