Coachella 2012: What to Wear to the Festival This Year
For those who have never heard of Coachella, it is best described as a Modern Woodstock.
If you are going to Coachella this year, here are some popular fashion trends you might want to try.
– Cut-Off Denim Shorts:
– Braids: Braids are perfect for warm weather to keep your locks from dragging you down.
– Gladiator Sandals: Gladiator sandals will keep you cool but still looking stylish.
– Floral Prints: Floral prints are summery and very 1960s-chic.
– Tie-Dye: This one might be a bit obvious, but is still a necessity.
– Feathers: Feathered clothing might be hard to come by, so opt for feathered jewelry like earrings and necklaces.
– Fringe: Fringe looks great on clothing and crossbody bags.
– Bathing Suits: Bathing suits are a must-have as the weather will surely be welcoming. One-pieces will give you that retro vibe.
– Polka Dots: Polka dots were strewn across the Spring 2012 runways. This is a great option for Coachella 2012, too.
– Vests: Vests can go over any outfit — a T-shirt, a dress or even a bathing suit. Citizens of Humanity’s “Laustan” vest in lasso is casual cool.
– Crossbody Bags: Hands-free is the way to go at any music fete.
– Printed T-Shirts: Instead of the typical concert tee, try one with a comic book character or a geometric design.
– Head Scarves: Tie up your hair with a printed head scarf for the day.
– Hippie Headbands: Hippie headbands come in some concert-ready fabrics these days, like sequins and metallic. If you really want to show off your inner 60s-goddess you will try a band of flowers.
– Maxi Skirts: Maxi skirts are comfy and light enough for optimal movement.
– Cropped Tanks: What better way to beat the heat than with a cropped tank? Try a neon color for that extra pop.
– Round Lennon Sunglasses: These shades are all the rage this season. Think Lady Gaga or Mary-Kate Olsen. The Row’s Round Lennon glasses sell for $400 at Barneys and will be a classic addition to your wardrobe.
– Sun Hats: Sun hats are the perfect accessory, a la Ali MacGraw. The San Diego Hat Company makes some fun toppers in rainbow prints, on sale now at 6pm.com.