There’s a new blog on the block, its awesome. Meet spoon fork bacon, an incredible food and and entertaining destination from photographer Teri Lyn Fisher and stylist Jenny Park. All their recipes look so delicious & the pictures are amazing.
Check out this healthy skinny version of the beloved tacos.
Grilled Zucchini Tacos
Serves 4 to 5
2 zucchinis, tops and bottoms removed and sliced into strips
2 yellow squash, tops and bottoms removed and sliced into strips
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
roasted tomatillo salsa:
8 tomatillos, cut in half
2 garlic cloves, gently smashed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
1 limes, juiced
sweet corn succotash:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup red onion, diced
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 corn on the cob, kernels and milk removed from cob
18 4-5 inch corn tortillas
½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Brush the zucchini and squash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill/grill pan.
4. Grill on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from grill and set aside.
5. Place the tomatillos and garlic in a bowl and toss together with olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatillos have softened and slightly caramelized.
7. Remove from the oven and place tomatillos and garlic into a food processor with the remaining salsa ingredients.
8. Puree the mixture until smooth, Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
9. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
10. Add the red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
11. Add the corn and continue to sauté for 5to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Remove from heat and set aside.
13. Warm the tortillas over a griddle for about 3 minutes on each side.