I had dinner at my grandmothers house the other day and she pulled out this recipe for Katleti. I am such a healthy eater and I realized that these were so tasty and really healthy. They are truly the best katleti I’ve ever had. My babyshka bakes them after sautéing and they come out juicy and tender. You aren’t really Russian or Ukrainian if you haven’t had katlety!
Cost to Make: $8 to $10Servings: 8 to 10
2 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup white bread crumbs
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon your favorite seasoning (Mrs. Dash/ Natures Seasons)
How to Make Katleti:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Fry the onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until lightly browned and soft (7 to 8 minutes). Set aside.
2. Fry the carrots in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about 5 minutes until lightly browned and soft.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together until evenly combined.
4. Form patties with your hands about 1/4″ thick (don’t try to flatten them once they are on the skillet or juices will seep out).
5. Heat about 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium/high heat.
5. Saute the patties (adding more oil if necessary) until browned on both sides, flipping twice so they don’t burn.
Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
“Priyatnoho Apetita” (Enjoy)!